u-he - TurellN6 V3 (VST.VST3.AU Win.MacOSX x32|46)
- Category: VST Instruments
- Published: Thursday, 18 August 2016 21:41
Tyrell is the name of a project by the German online magazine Amazona.de. A reader survey and follow-on forum posts provided a pool of ideas for a low-cost HARDWARE analogue synth, which Mic 'Moogulator' Irmer collected and used to develop quite a powerful concept.
Based on a design similar to Roland's classic Juno 60, a few modules and novel features could be added without making the product too expensive...
However, it soon became obvious that developing the hardware would have taken years, so I (Urs) offered to turn the core design into a freeware softsynth. That was late 2010. Only a few weeks later, TyrellN6 was out for beta testing! After some serious bug-fixing and fine tuning, the final release version became available in April 2011.
- new skin designed for Amazona.de by Ryo Ishido
- smooth overdrive in the oscillator mixer
- filter output can be fed back into the mixer
- unison mode, with voice index modulation source
- envelopes can be looped or triggered via LFO
- envelopes retrigger just like classic hardware
Current PC or intel Mac
Multicore CPU with SSE2
(Sandy Bridge architecture or newer recommended)
Mac OSX 10.5 or newer
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
1GB RAM, more recommended
30MB free disc space
display 1200x800px and up
OSX: VST2 or AU compatible host software
Windows: VST2 compatible host software
Supports 32bit and 64bit in all formats