LVC Audio - ClipShifter (VST.VST3.AU.RTAS.AAX Win.MacOSX x32/x64) v2.3.3
- Category: VST Effects
- Published: Friday, 12 August 2016 00:13
ClipShifter is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter. It provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages: from distorting basses and drums, to maximizing mix buses and warming-up overall mixes.
The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression.
ClipShifter includes controls to change the clip shape and to adjust the harmonic content. Setting the Clip Shape control to maximum produces a hard-clipped sound, while lesser settings verge on subtle compression with minimal auditory distortion. The harmonics control allows you to control the amount of even-order and odd-order distortion.
The multiband crossover gives you finer control. The revised 3-band crossover controls lets you pick which frequencies are processed, and which frequencies are passed through to the output. Each of the three frequencies can be processed independently for maximum versatility. For example, you can choose to process the middle band without processing the hi or low frequencies. The Gain Select control determines if you want the EQ gains to be applied before clipping, after clipping, or as a SideChain effect (i.e., increases and decreases of gain are nullified
- Clipping style limiter: from transparent sounding compression to hard clipping distortion
- Controls for Clip Shape (hard to soft) and harmonics (even- and odd-order), so you can be in control of the sound
- Low CPU usage for running multiple instances on multiple tracks
- Standard LVC-Audio metering, including VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters to easily monitor input and output levels
- Scalable waveform history view with click-and-drag editing of threshold controls to easily change and set clipping levels based on the incoming signal
- 3-band crossover (paid feature) control utilizing 4th order LR filters for flat crossover response
- Independent frequency clipping (paid feature) to target the right frequencies for processing and selectable EQ gain controls that can be used pre- or post-processing
- Mid/Side processing option (paid feature)
- Oversampling with Double Processing (paid feature) at 2X, 4X, and 8X the incoming sample rate for reducing aliasing
- New (version 2.3.0) undo/redo history, A/B comparison, and cross-platform preset management with import/export ability